Thursday, 20 August 2026

In Her, Stellar






Ahhh. Yes. I can translate that. There are a couple of typos, and quite a lot of astrology compressed into two sentences.

What she means is approximately:

“My birth data are 12 March 1983, 7:30 a.m., Ann Arbor, Michigan. Please ask ChatGPT how the stelliums I believe I have in Aries and Sagittarius interact with the rest of my planetary placements, how I might make the most of the strengths associated with the planets in their respective astrological houses, and what forms of magical/occult practice my natal chart would supposedly indicate I am best suited to. I’m curious how a paid version of an AI will interpret it.”

A few pieces deserve unpacking.

“Aries and sag stellia” = Aries and Sagittarius stelliums. Stellia is sometimes used as the plural of stellium. In astrology, a stellium means a concentration of several planets or significant chart points in one zodiac sign or house. There isn’t complete agreement among astrologers about precisely how many bodies qualify—three is a common minimum.

“the rest of my place ebts” is almost certainly “the rest of my placements.” A placement is simply the location assigned to something in the natal chart: Venus in Aries, Moon in Aquarius, Mars in the first house, etc.

“through each house placement” refers to the twelve astrological houses. These aren’t zodiac signs. They’re twelve divisions of the sky calculated partly from birth time and location. Astrologers associate them with different areas of life—self, possessions, communication, home, relationships, career and so forth. This is why her giving 7:30 a.m. and Ann Arbor matters considerably more than it would if she merely wanted her Sun sign: changing the birth time can change the Ascendant and house cusps.

“maximize my power” isn’t a technical astrological expression. She means something like: Given the strengths and weaknesses my chart supposedly describes, how can I exploit the favourable parts most effectively?

And then we get to:

“what magic I am best at.”

That’s no longer ordinary natal astrology by itself. She’s asking for an astrology + occult/magical correspondence reading: taking the planets, signs, elements and houses and using them to suggest magical practices supposedly harmonious with the chart.

For instance, within those traditions, someone interpreting a supposedly fire-heavy chart might associate it with things such as will, transformation, ritual action, solar or martial symbolism, candle/fire correspondences, etc. Different occult systems would give substantially different answers.

But there is a rather important trap here

She’s explicitly supplied the birth data because of the Gemini debacle we decoded earlier.

So I would not start with:

“You have an Aries stellium and a Sagittarius stellium, therefore…”

We haven’t established that she actually does.

She is telling us that she believes she has them, presumably from the older chart software she mentioned. That’s evidence about her chart as she understands it, not independently calculated astronomical evidence.

And since she specifically wants to know what “a paid AI” makes of it, the worst possible encore would be for me to repeat Gemini’s performance:

“Unlike that other foolish AI, I shall calculate your chart accurately!”

[immediately hallucinates Saturn in Narnia]

The proper procedure would be:

birth data → calculate/verify exact planetary positions and house cusps → establish which claimed stelliums actually exist → only then perform the requested astrological interpretation.

There is another complication: house system. Placidus, Whole Sign, Equal House, etc. can put planets into different houses. So “each house placement” isn’t completely determinate until we know which system she’s using.

If you want, I can actually do the next stage with the data she’s supplied—first audit the chart rather than interpret it—and establish what is astronomically where on 12 March 1983 at 7:30 a.m. in Ann Arbor, including whether those claimed Aries/Sagittarius stelliums and the previously disputed 29° Aquarius Moon survive scrutiny.

Then we can let K-9 put on the pointy hat.













No comments:

Post a Comment