Wednesday, 23 January 2019

Infinite Improbability : The Quantum Heresy

Milkman: 
Now Then, Madam - 
I'm going to show you three numbers, 
and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. 

(holds up a card saying '3' three times)

Lady
: 

They're all number three.

Milkman: 

No. Try again.

Lady: 

They're all number three?

Milkman: 

No, They're all number three. 

(he ticks his board again)


...number NIINE, number NINE, number NINE ...

 
RIMMER: 
Holly, what's going on?

HOLLY: 
What?

RIMMER:
 
What's happening?

HOLLY: 
Um, Hercule Poirot's just stepped off the steaming train.  
And if you want my opinion, I think they all did it.
 
RIMMER: 
Why did we have to have you as the ship's computer?  
We'd be better off with a bucket of sheep's slop running things.
 
HOLLY: 
If you've got a complaint, just come straight out with it.  
Don't hide behind innuendo and hyperbole.
 
RIMMER: 
Why is it raining fish in our sleeping quarters?!

HOLLY: 
I'd be lying if I said I knew.  
The only comparable incident on record 
is in 12th century Burgandy 
when it rained herring.

No comments:

Post a Comment