Saturday, 3 June 2017

Magnificent


MARTOK: 
By marrying Worf, Dax will be joining the House of Martok. 

Since the Mistress of a Great House must approve all marriages, Sirella will spend the next four days evaluating Jadzia. 

(The airlock opens and a stately Klingon woman comes out.) 

MARTOK: 
My Lady. 

SIRELLA: 
You've put on weight and your hair is going grey. 

MARTOK: 
My deterioration is proceeding apace. 

SIRELLA: 
I thought you would be in your grave by now. 

MARTOK: 
I shall endeavour to die this year, if possible. 

Allow me to present Captain Benjamin Sisko, Commander of Deep Space Nine. 

Captain, may I present the Mistress of the House of Martok, 
My Wife and the Mother of My Children, 
Sirella, Daughter of Linkasa. 

SISKO: 
Welcome to Deep Space Nine. 

SIRELLA: 
Thank you, Captain. 
Where is she? 

MARTOK: 
Jadzia's quarters are in the Habitat ring, section twenty five alpha. 
Shall I escort you? It's quite far away. 

SIRELLA: 
I'll find my way. If you'll excuse me. 

(Yup, they're deeply in love. I'm thinking Benedick and Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing.) 

MARTOK: 
MAGNIFICENT, isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment