Wednesday 26 May 2021

I know they ordered you to shun me when I left.

“Remember, Shoot The Man, not The Horse — 
Dead Horse is cover; 
Live Horse is a great pile of Panic.”



Mal
Well, I just, I... didn't want you thinking that I was taking advantage of your friend.

Inara Serra
She's well worth taking advantage of. 
I sincerely hope you did.

Mal
So you're okay. 
Well, yeah, 
why-why wouldn't you be...

Inara Serra
….I wouldn't say I'm entirely okay. 
I'm a little appalled at her taste.



Inara Serra
I learned something from Nandi, 
not just from What Happened, 
but from her

The Family she made, 
the strength of her love for them, 
it's what kept them together. 

When you live with that kind of Strength, 
you get tied to it. 

You can't break away, 
and you never want to. 

There's something - there's something I should've done a long while ago. 
And I'm sorry, for both of us, that it took me this long. 

I'm leaving.


Petaline
Ranse, This is Jonah. 
Say hi to Your Daddy, Jonah.

[takes a gun from Mal and shoots Ranse point-blank in the forehead] 

Petaline
Say Goodbye to Your Daddy, Jonah.

No comments:

Post a Comment