Tuesday 4 January 2022

Under-Standing



Well, This is 
How The World Works.
All Energy flows 
according
to the whims of 
The Great Magnet.
What a fool I was 
to defy Him.

I was going back to Vegas.
I had no choice.

I had to get rid of the Shark.

Too many people might recognize it,
especially the Vegas police.

Luckily, my credit card
was still technically valid.

Now this was a superior machine.

Ten grand worth of gimmicks
and high-priced special effects.

The rear windows leapt up with a touch
like frogs in a dynamite pond.

The dashboard was full of esoteric
lights and dials and meters …

that I would never understand.

If the pigs were gathering in Vegas …

I felt the drug culture
should be represented as well.

And there was a certain bent appeal
in the notion of running a savage burn …

on one Las Vegas hotel …

and then just wheeling across town
and checking into another.

Me and a thousand ranking cops
from all over America.

Why not move confidently
into their midst?

Welcome to the Flamingo Hotel, sir.

Sir?

Yeah, hi. Right. Okay.

Let me stay in your arms

I'm addicted to your charms

You're gettin' to be a habit with me

I used to think your love
was something that I

Could take

- Or leave alone
- My arrival was badly timed.

But now I couldn't do
without my supply

I need you for my own

This here model is one
that we had to use …

when we took on them little peckerheads
down there at Kent State.

This baby here -

I'm a police chief from Michigan.

Look, fella, I have explained to you.

I have this postcard which says that
I have a reservation in this hotel.

I'm very sorry, sir,
but you're on the late list.

- So your reservation has been
transferred to … - It's okay.

The … Moonlight Motel …

which is just out
on Paradise Boulevard.

We've already paid
for our goddamn room!

It's actually a very fine place of lodging,
and it's only 16 blocks from here.

It has a pool, sauna, steam.

You listen to me,
you filthy little faggot!

I want a manager
down here now! Now!

Because I'm sick of listening
to your dog shit!

I am … very sorry, sir.

- Get off of me! Get away from me!
- Can I call you a cab?

Sure, and I'll call you a cocksucker!

Of course, I could hear what
the clerk was really saying.

Listen, you fuzzy little shithead!
I've been fucked around in my time
by a fairly good cross section
of mean-tempered, rule-crazy cops
and now — it's My Turn.

So fuck you, Officer:
I'm in Charge.

Hey, listen, I really hate to interrupt
but I wonder if I could slide on through and get out of your way.

The Name is ‘Raoul Duke’. 
I think my attorney made the reservations.

Duke, Raoul.
Certainly, sir.

My bags - My bags are out there
in that white Cadillac convertible there.

Maybe somebody could
bring it to the room for me.

Oh, yeah, uh, let me get
a quart of Wild Turkey …
two-fifths of Bacardi …
some ice for the room, and let's see

You just calm down!

Shit, let's try some lime chunks.
What do you think?

I Say okay.
You don't worry about a thing.

Now, calm down.

You don't hesitate to call me - Sven.

All right, Sven.
Thank you very much.

- You - You -
- I know, I know, I know.

It's hideous. You're gonna
be fine, though. You're doing well.

I'll see you later.
Wait. Don't touch it.

Good night. Pardon me. 
Bye, Sven.

Look what you did!
Look what you did!

Goddamn you, we wouldn't stay
in this hotel if you begged us!

Magic Moments
When two hearts are caring

Magic moments
Memories we've been sharing

Home, sweet home.

What kind of sick shit -

Oh, shit!

Shit. What the fuck?

Stop, stop, stop.

She's biting my leg off!
You degenerate pig. Please!

Can't be helped.

My fucking leg!
That's "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

Lucy, be cool, goddamn it.
Remember what happened
at the airport, okay? Come on.

No more of that, okay?
That's my client, Lucy.
That's Mr. Duke, the famous journalist.
He's paying for this suite, Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment