Friday 9 August 2019

The Game of Rassilon





I gave you companions to help, an old enemy to fight. 

Why, it's a game within a game.






BORUSA: 
Immortal, Doctor. Before Rassilon was bound, he left clues for his successor, whom he knew would follow him. 
Oh, I have discovered much, Doctor. 
This Game control room, the casket with the Scrolls, the Coronet of Rassilon.

DOCTOR 5: But not the final secret.

BORUSA: The secret of immortality, Doctor? It lies in the Dark Tower, in the Tomb of Rassilon itself. There are many dangers, many traps.

DOCTOR 5: So, you sent me to the Zone to deal with them for you.

BORUSA: 
I gave you companions to help, an old enemy to fight. 

Why, it's a game within a game.

DOCTOR 5: Only you botched it, didn't you? One of my selves is trapped in a time vortex, endangering my very existence.

BORUSA: 
Oh, you need have no fear, Doctor. 
Your temporal stability will be maintained. 
I need you to serve me.

DOCTOR 5: 
Oh, I would not serve you.

BORUSA: 
You have no choice, Doctor. 
I wear the coronet of Rassilon.

DOCTOR 5: And very fetching it is, too.

BORUSA: It emphasises my will and allows me to control the minds of other people. You bow down before me, Doctor.

(Against his will, the Fifth Doctor is pushed to his knees.)

BORUSA: Come, Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment